Friday 11 February 2011

Architectural Salvage



"Récupération"



of old windows,


decorative and 'convertible' into interesting mirrors


French 19th Century industrial steel window frame,
waiting to be mirrored



One of a Pair of mirrored French 19th
 
These large steel window frames are already very heavy without the mirror glass,
and when mirrored...my goodness!
Loading, transporting, fixing them to not very solid exhibition-stand walls...and...and...
Not easy to handle - mildly spoken.

But - I just love them!

*

It was definitely easier to 'deal' with this
 German late 18th - Century half-moon wooden window frame


*



*

3 comments:

  1. Bonjour, Karin! I love the mirrored windows! If I ever build a house, I'd love steel window frames!

    Xo,
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! I'd sure hate to move these, but once in place...how beautiful! The demilune window frame is my favorite! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!
    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Martha,
    Welcome to my blog!

    Yes, the demi-lune one was also my favorite one.

    Thank you very much for your visit and comment.

    Greetings to Georgia - karin

    ReplyDelete